Project / Grant Account (P/G) Set-up
Once you receive an award notice from the sponsoring agency informing you of an approved grant, please contact ORS to open an account for your research project.
To set up the RPB (Research Project Budget), ORS requires the following documentation:
- An application should have been submitted to ORS prior to obtaining the award. The application would include the following pages:
- Research Project Information Form (RPIF) with the PI, Unit Head/Dept Head, Dean (or designate), and if applicable, any co-applicants and corresponding department signatures
Sponsor’s Signature page (usually page 1) if applicable
Page listing all co-applicants and collaborators, if applicable
Page(s) with abstract or project summary
Budget summary and budget justification
- A copy of the agency’s notice of award outlining the project term date, awarded amount, financial reporting requirements, terms and conditions of award; and
- UBC certificate numbers for any research involving human subjects, animals or biohazardous materials (a valid certificate must state the exact title of the project and funding agency).
Funds Awarded Without an Application
In some cases, an agency may award funding without requiring a formal grant application. Before a research account can be set up, you will need to submit the following to ORS:
- Grant Information Form (internal GIF form in lieu of sponsor application), including Sponsor Name, Project Title and required signatures
- A copy of the agency’s notice of award outlining the project term date, awarded amount, financial reporting requirements, terms and conditions of award.
- UBC Human ethics, animal care, or biosafety certification numbers for any research involving human subjects, animals or biohazardous materials. For a certificate to be valid it must state the exact title of the project and funding agency.
Release of Funds and Ethics Approval
According to the Tri-Council Memorandum of Understanding, you must obtain the appropriate ethical approval within six months of the award date. If you do not receive your ethical compliance certificate within six months, the sponsoring agency may consider that the condition of award has not been fulfilled and reallocate the funds.
When an RPB has been established, you will receive an automated e-mail with the PG # (Project Grant) and account information.