Grant Extensions & Closures
Requesting a Grant Extension (Tri-Agency Funds)
1. Account holder (PI) fills out page 1, section 2, and supporting narrative of the Tri-Agency Grant Amendment form.
- Note: in the box requesting Institutional Representative, the information for UBC Okanagan is
Kristen Korberg |Associate Director, Office of Research Services
250-807-8832 | Kristen.firstname.lastname@example.org
2. ORS liases with the relevant Tri-Agency to complete extension request on PI’s behalf.
Requesting a Grant Extension (VPRI Office Internal Funding, UBC Excellence Fund)
- For funding programs managed by the VPRI Office, download the UBCO Excellence Fund Extension Request Form. This includes Aspire, CRET, Eminence, the Principal’s Research Chair, and the UBCO City of Kelowna Partnership Fund.
- Complete Part A to justify the extension request and obtain the required signatures in Part B.
- Submit the form or any questions you may have to email@example.com.
Requesting a Grant Extension (Non Tri-Agency Funds)
1. Account holder (PI) determines contact for sponsoring agency.
2. If account extensions are granted directly to the PI, they are then responsible for providing written approval to ORS to complete account updates.
3. All extension requests for accounts managed by UILO must go through them, not ORS.
Grant Account Closures
UBCO Research Finance is responsible for the financial reporting and closure of grant accounts.