Transferring Research Funds
Transferring a Tri-agency Research Account TO UBC
The transfer of a grant to a new institution must be initiation by the institution currently administering it. To complete a transfer, ORS must receive
- An RPIF, copy of funding application, and original award letter
- A form 303 from the institution currently administering the grant
Once these documents are received, ORS will finalize the form 303 with UBC institutional signature. Further information on transferring Tri-Agency Grants available within the Tri-Agency Guide on Financial Administration.
Transferring a Tri-agency research account FROM UBC
Transfer of a SSHRC, NSERC, CIHR, or NFRF grant to a new institution must be initiated by the institution currently administering it. To initiate a transfer from UBC to another eligible institution, ORS must receive
- Grant Amendment form
- Form 300 + Form 303 (completed by research finance)
Once these documents are received, ORS will submit the grant transfer package to the tri-agencies on behalf of the researcher.
Researchers must also follow internal procedures at the institution receiving the grant.
Sending a Subgrant
- Account holder (PI) must ascertain that the intended subgrantee is eligible to receive the subgrant: typically this means they are formally listed as a co-applicant
- If necessary, a grant amendment form can be completed to request adding a new co-applicant to an existing project for tri-agency grants
- The Account holder (PI) submits a request for subgrant form to ORS. Note that there is a separate form to request subgrants for UBC Internal grants.
Receiving a Subgrant
- For external funding, subgrant recipient (co-applicant) should have submitted an RPIF and copy of completed application to ORS at the time the grant application was submitted to the funding agency.
- Research Services at the institution administering the overall grant will send a research contract to UBC Okanagan ORS for signature.
- Once the RPIF & application copy have been received and the research contract has been signed, UBC Okanagan ORS will set up the subgrant account.